Creator: Jeff Davis.
Cast: Shemar Moore, Matthew Gray Gubler, Thomas Gibson.
- Based in Quantico, Virginia, the Behavioral Analysis Unit (BAU) is a subsection of the FBI. Called in by local police departments to assist in solving crimes of a serial and/or extremely violent nature where the perpetrator is unknown , the BAU uses the controversial scientific art of profiling to track and apprehend the unsub (unknown subject). Profiling is using evidence from the case and matching that information to historic precedents and psychological analyses as a means to solve the case. Because of the nature of the work conducted by the BAU – the work being time consuming and psychologically demanding – its members are loyal to the Unit and to its other members. It is a demanding job and having a social life is difficult in this situation.
Great show I was hooked from the beginning, the show has a sense of realism to it. Well written,and the cast has chemistry. The profiler has to asked question like those one:
- How did the killer gain access to the victim?
- What did the killer do to the victim?
- Did the killer try to cover his or her tracks and, if so, how?
- What is it about this victim that attracted the killer?
- What motive or fantasy drove the killer to harm the victim in the particular manner at the particular time and location?
I love that they truly nail this show. The job takes a toll on the team. What I like about it is that they have to be invited by the police, once there they work withe the police. not like in the movies where they are each other throat all the time. It is a criminally entertaining show.